You’re reading day 6 of my 10 day blog responses on ‘Business building’ and ‘productivity’. The following article was written in response to Natalie Sisson’s 10 Day blog challenge.
Sorry boys – your missed out this time (although, Eckhart Tolle and Deepak Chopra – if I were doing my list on kickass MEN, your names would surely be on it).
Today is all about finding your tribe of likeminded people – acknowledging who they are, whether that be a particular group of people or a kickass individual that you ADMIRE and look up to.
Because, lets face it, I’m not THAT original.
There are other digital nomads and entrepreneurs out there who have already blazoned the “DREAM LIFE – THIS WAY” trail, and thank god for that, because I need to know that it is possible – and all this writing blogs at 5am, editing ebooks in my lunch break and studying on the weekend – is going to get me somewhere in the end.
Hopefully Happyville. Population – me.
I don’t think doing everything yourself is realistic or healthy for your sanity (or of those around you).
This is where your tribe of likeminded people come in. I’m now a part of a few social media groups with people who are writers / bloggers / coaches / entrepreneurs and its comforting to see that there IS actually other people out there – loving the same shit as me and sharing the same INTERESTS.
This is also where MENTOR’s come in. If you are lucky enough to nab yourself one. Why not reach out to someone you admire & ask them for help? Or even just say: “Hey – You’re great. I just wanted to tell you”.
It’s not always about what YOU can get from someone, you know.
Don’t be a selfish Susan.
A mentor is someone you admire and who has achieved what you want to achieve who occasionally gives you a pat on the back and says: “You’re doing good”.
Nat Sisson’s 10 Day Blog Challenge
For me – It’s amazing having so many supporting friends and family around me who check in and have a squiz – follow my writing…
However, it’d be the highlight of my year (lets be serious, life) if even just ONE of my 5 favourite women reached out and said:
“ I see you! I see what you’re doing. Keep that shit up!”
Maybe occasionally give me a pat on the back and whisper sweet nothings in my ear (errr, kind words & tips).
I’m acknowledging the influential women I’ve had the pleasure of crossing paths with – Thank you for the for the snippets you’ve shared with me (whether you realised it or not).
You should definately give them a sneaky stalk & follow them – they’ll likely change your life too.
People that I ADMIRE / CHERISH / LOVE / ASPIRE TO:
Gala Darling (fearless, creative goddess with stellar style & a kickass awesome brand which I’m sure she is super proud to have created).
WHY I LOVE HER
- She’ll convince you that you’re beautiful (self-love and the likes)
- She believes in the colour pink (I believe in the colour orange – I get you Gala)
- Reminded me of the power of DRESSING UP and the power of expressing yourself through your image (in a non up-yourself kind of way)
- She offers this class called the Self-Love Bible School – which has got me all excited like a little girl. It’ll fire up your creative side (get your creative juices flowing with inspo & arty journaling and scrapbooking – I’ve just enrolled & I’ll keep you updated)
Natalie Sisson AKA The Suitcase Entrepreneur (Super driven, intelligent and lives the enviable “I can work from anywhere in the world” lifestyle – which she’s totally built herself with said drive and intelligence. Legend).
WHAT SHE’LL DO FOR YOU
- Help you find your sweet spot (that perfect combination of something that you LOVE doing, you’re good at and that other people need – so you can create yourself a freedom lifestyle!
- Encourage you on the path to being a digital nomad (having a self suffiecient business you can run from a laptop, in CHINA (if you wanted to)
Andrea Featherstone AKA Project Self (Giggly, hilarious, fellow-boxer-dog-lover and rocking entrepreneur with SUPERB writing & mind-taming skills. Also complete LEGEND).
WHAT SHE’LL DO FOR YOU
- Definitely make you laugh, often
- Help you kick your goals & become more decisive (like what to have for breakfast & which toothpaste you should buy)
- Tame your anxious / neurotic mind (and name it & call it out)
- Tempt you to tell the corporate world to FCK off – which she did – when she ditched her architecture career and degree and become a rocking mindfulness coach
Anne Hartley AKA Hartlife Coaching (passionate coach, teacher & WRITER with her very own coaching school & 3 successful books).
Arianna Huffington AKA Arianna fucking Huffington – need I say more (okay, Huffington Post) Back in June she pretty much killed me with ELATION when she emailed me to say she liked my writing & “here, please write for me”. She’s a Kickass bestselling author and one of the most influential women in her industry. She’s also Greek, like me, so extra brownie points for her.
What I would ask these rock star women – If I had the chance:
- What does YOUR morning routine look like?
- Surely, every now and then you have a: “it’s all too hard” meltdown day? When you do, HOW DO YOU DEAL?
This blog post is in response to DAY 6 of Natalie Sisson’s 10 Day Blog Challenge: http://suitcaseentrepreneur.com/10-day-blog-challenge/10dbc-day-6